|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Outstanding opportunity for an experienced financial risk professional with demonstrated experience within consumer credit policy
- Contribute to a variety of exciting initiatives in a fast-paced yet flexible working environment
- Fixed-term contract until at least September 2020
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
Reporting to the Head of Credit Policy, the Associate Director, Consumer Credit Policy is accountable for supporting management in the development and maintenance of the Consumer credit risk policy strategy and execution against that strategy, including the development, maintenance and governance of enterprise wide credit policy, procedures and guidance notes in support of the group’s credit risk appetite, strategy, regulatory and legislative obligations and voluntary commitments.
By leveraging your clear and succinct written communication skills, this role has primary focus on support for the optimization of Consumer credit policy outcomes, taking into consideration both external best practice and regulatory requirements. As such, it ensures that simpler, robust Consumer credit policy requirements are delivered cost effectively, to full-fill the Bank’s purpose.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to
- Support the development and maintenance of NAB’s overall strategy for credit risk policies and related procedures and work instructions, with particular focus on optimisation through automation where possible, considering external best practice and regulatory requirements, to facilitate improved customer outcomes, a more streamlined approach for bankers and cost efficiency
- Focus on complex and material policy related matters
- Proactively engage with senior stakeholders to understand business context and the impact on strategy
- Build strong stakeholder relationships with other Risk teams, Finance, Treasury, Regulatory Affairs, Internal Audit and all other key stakeholders to deliver high quality policies, and compliance with prudential standards and reporting
- Supporting the development, ownership, maintenance and governance of all credit related policy documents and activities, across all segments. This includes the framework, governance and key principles aimed at delivering consistency, and effectiveness in line with legislation, risk appetite and other relevant directives and support the strategy of the Group, as well as exception reporting
- Participating in the setting of the agenda of credit risk policy transformation for credit risk policy and related procedures and work instructions
- Applying subject matter expertise and technical knowledge to identify and manage delivery of appropriate and cost effective policy solutions
- Supporting the development of and providing guide on the implementation of credit policy initiatives for simplified policy outcomes and efficient resultant workflow streams
- Managing changes to credit policy and procedures as required
- Using agile practices in delivery and demonstrate best practice in learning and applying new techniques
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- 7+ years’ experience working in a Financial Institution or consulting firm
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly, and articulate potentially involved messages in plain English
- Experience in assisting in large transformation programs
- Experience facing into multiple stakeholders and being able to effectively navigate the organisation
- Risk management experience relating to consumer policy
- Experience within project, change & communications
- Tertiary or post graduate qualifications in finance/commerce/law/policy
- Strong capability across Microsoft Excel, with solid exposure to SharePoint & Powerpoint
- Front line banker or fulfilment centre exposure is ideal
What we continue to offer
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. You can learn more about these at http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits
If you meet the above criteria and would like to take the next exciting step in your career then apply now!
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
For full job details and to apply go to nab.com.au/careers