|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have broad skills in software development or networking or system administration? Are you passionate about cloud computing and helping customers architect systems and solve technical problems?
At Amazon, we are continuously striving to me the most customer-centric company in the world. AWS have been helping over one million customers in over 190 countries, from Airbnb to GE, to deliver flexibility, scalability and reliability across their organizations. Behind this success is exceptionally talented, bright and driven individuals who work hard, have fun and make history.
As a Solution Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help customers craft highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures across Australia and VIC in particular. You will have the opportunity to help define and execute a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within organizations ranging from new start-ups to established businesses.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. They will be broadly competent across many areas of technology and deep in a handful of areas. The candidates must possess excellent communication skills as the Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with internal and external customers via email, phone, and in-person meetings. Cloud is the new normal, and the only way to meet demands of our customers is to stay one step ahead by learning, experimenting, building and sharing your skills and lessons with customers and your fellow Amazonians.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the sales team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
- Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Own each engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
Want to learn more about being a Solutions Architect at AMAZON Web Services, follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js21xKMFdww
- describe a recent technology project that you built for fun?
- explain how you decide which tech to use to solve a given problem?
- outline the key decisions you'd need to make when designing a distributed and scalable system?
- whiteboard architectures for highly available, secure systems?
- walk someone through the benefits and drawbacks of a microservices architecture?
- run through the differences between various version control systems?
- explain what a CDN is and what value it offers for users?
- describe what the difference is between ALB and ELB?
If you answered “yes” to at least four of the above and you have firsthand experience in the Australian startup ecosystem, we want to talk to you!
Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
Degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent