|Job Type:||Full Time|
USG Boral is looking for an experienced Distribution Manager, responsible for providing support to the Operations Manager, NZ. The role will be based in Auckland, New Zealand. This includes, developing long term business relationships with current and prospective customers along with managing inventory, employees, company assets, HS&E, and costs. This role will need to develop and implement annual plans, analysing the Company’s strategic plans, values, operating budgets and policies and line-haul network optimisation.
Success of the role is dependent on Effectively managing the sales and promotional activities at trade stores. Contributing to the continuous improvement of the company’s distribution functions. Proactively reviewing transport resources to ensure a safe and efficient delivery service, responsible for maintenance of site and operational equipment. Managing the regions trade store’s property leases. Training staff on products and services USG Boral provides. Responsible for ensuring the regions mobile equipment and motor vehicle leases are well maintained.
Opportunity to travel to USG Boral Distribution sites located in Wellington, Christchurch and Auckland, business expects to continue to increase the number of sites as the business grows. Work autonomously and demonstrate your enthusiasm with staying on top of the current market conditions including competitor and industry analysis and have a strong focus on exceeding set KPI’s.
With accountability across safety, time, cost and maintaining quality in the distribution sites, you will specifically be tasked with:
- Ensuring all USG Boral policies and procedures are adhered to by all people on site
- Maintaining and building internal and external relationships with commitment to customer service
- Overseeing site operations i.e. major commercial deliveries (min. 2 per week)
- Providing leadership and development of Distribution personnel
- Assisting with ensuring correct staffing levels and expertise throughout the country
- Establishing a productive team environment where customer service is paramount
- Improving operational performance for Delivery Plus, Trade Stores and Regional Warehouses
What are we looking for?
- Distribution, warehousing or transport experience, Building or Construction knowledge
- Plasterboard or Metals experience, Internal Linings / Ceilings understanding
- Industry relevant university degree/diploma (not essential)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Prior SAP experience desirable not mandatory
Why join USG Boral?
- Competitive salary
- Challenging and exciting career
- Opportunity to work in a fun, high-paced and safe work environment
If you enjoy being part of a team, and have a strong, organised work ethic, we want to hear from you. Ability to demonstrate a positive, can-do and friendly attitude and understand the importance of complying with Workplace Health & Safety Standards and follow protocol is important to this role. Passionate about learning new skills for career development opportunities.
If this sounds like you click to Apply
About USG Boral:
Boral and USG's plasterboard and ceilings joint venture, USG Boral Building Products, brings together Boral's leading plasterboard manufacturing and distribution footprint in Asia and Australia with USG's world-leading building products technologies and strategic assets in Asia and the Middle East. The 50/50 joint venture leverages the two companies' iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints and technological expertise to deliver a unique portfolio of building products across 12 countries spanning Asia, Australasia and the Middle East.
USG Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of the recruitment process successful applicants will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical and police clearance.