|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a passionate technologist who enjoys collaborating with customers and who can influence and drive innovation in some of Australia’s most complex enterprise environments using cutting-edge technology?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Principal Solution Architect to work with our Large Enterprise customers to craft cloud-based solutions helping them to transform their organisation into an innovative, competitive and disruptive entity.
About the Role
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. As a trusted advisor to your customers, you will be responsible for articulating their broad AWS cloud strategy and navigating their cloud journey. You will be working collaboratively with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to craft highly scalable, performant and resilient cloud architectures that address the customer’s business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. As a successful Principal Solutions Architect you will love what you do and your enthusiasm will be contagious across our teams and customers.
This is a customer facing role, so you must be comfortable speaking and influencing CIOs, CTOs and CISOs and be a trusted advisor to both internal and external audiences. It goes without saying that you must have experience in architecting classic solutions across a wide variety of platforms and solutions spaces with specific recommendations on topics such as hardware performance, clustering and load balancing, DevOps, HA/DR, networking & data architectures. But we don’t stop there. At AWS, you’ll evolve modern architectures based on advanced concepts like AI, Machine Learning, IoT and robotics to influence the art of the possible. Couple all that with a baseline knowledge of or even certification in AWS and this role is made for you!
In return we provide you the chance to work with some of the smartest minds from around the world who are leading the way in cloud-based architecture design. On a daily basis you will be challenged to think differently, learn more, and build elegant solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
- Responsible for the broad AWS cloud strategy within a large enterprise customer in Telco, helps the customer articulate and navigate their cloud journey, and is accountable for ensuring tactical activities and point projects are in alignment with the overall technical strategy
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders and provide guidance and advice on how specific solutions will be designed, managed and deployed on the AWS platform
- Own technical engagements, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (Delivery is typically done by AWS consultants and partners)
- Exhibit leadership within a very sophisticated IT landscape and become the trusted adviser to different stakeholders in the customer’s organisation’s hierarchy, enabling others to become cloud champions
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Be a thought leader and comfortable in speaking in public. Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many knowledge sessions to transfer learnings to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS architecture community including authoring or otherwise contributing to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blogs.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, engineering teams and support
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing extensive experience in solution architecture (implementation/consulting) and pre-sales
- Strong client facing and consulting experience. Influencing senior stakeholder and working in large complex enterprise environments
- Demonstrated commitment to thought leadership and community engagement through personal blogs, presentations, patents and public speaking.
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions with enterprise organisations
- Keen interest and strong experience in DevOps/ Machine Learning/ IOT and other emerging technologies
- Confident and experienced public speaker, influencing industry through personal bogs, papers and knowledge sessions – highly preferred.
- History in software development, software architecture or enterprise applications
- Possesses strong business and commercial acumen, and the ability to articulate and advise non-technical executive stakeholders on their IT strategy and how the AWS platform can help transform the organisation into an innovative, competitive and disruptive entity by leveraging cloud based IT technology to enable innovation and achieve success
- Experience in senior technology advisory positions to senior members of large, complex organisations (or who have held such positions in the past e.g. CTO, Director of Engineering, General Manager – Technology) will be viewed favourably
- AWS Certified SA Professional
- Experience with large Telco would be highly preferred.
- Hands on systems and/or development experience (e.g. proficiency in Java, NodeJS or Python)
- Technical degree (Computer Science or Math background highly desired)
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and enterprise patterns (Event-model, Data Driven Design, ESB, reverse-proxy, etc.)