|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to make history in the world of cloud computing? Come and join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Business Development team.
Do you want to drive large-scale migration and modernization of technology infrastructure and applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform in one of Australia’s most innovative companies? Want to be part of a cross-functional team engaging directly with C-level executives and influencers at all levels? Do you have the business acumen and technical depth needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the industry?
As an experienced business development professional you will know how to develop/execute a go-to-market plan and be the ‘market maker’ for large-scale migration and modernization in Australia. Your responsibilities include finding strategic partners, engaging cross-functional teams and driving business and technical relationships with customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS Sales teams to further drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work with AWS and partner Solutions Architects and Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud migration and modernization best-practices and launch customer pilots and programs. You will work with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption.
Your deep domain knowledge of multiple industries and experience in enterprise technology architecture and delivery will enable you to identify the workloads and use cases where AWS can add value. The ideal candidate will possess a commercial background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CxO/VP level of companies, as well as having the technical depth to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, application analysts, and enterprise security and compliance teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS marketing, sales, and technical strategies for migration in enterprise
- Create strategic business development plans for identified opportunities and ensure these plans are in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Develop industry-specific messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the AWS value proposition for enterprise cloud computing, specifically datacenter-to-cloud extension and migration.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns while working closely with internal stakeholders including sales, marketing, & partner teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AWS service teams.
- Understand the unique business & technical requirements of customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for our customers.
- The right person will be business focused and will be capable of understanding the complexities of customer IT environments.
- Extensive IT consulting or technical experience in customer facing roles
- You’ll be a seasoned business development lead with enterprise solution selling experience.
- Demonstration of having led datacenter or cloud migration projects, specifically including migration/modernisation of Enterprise applications and business critical, tightly integrated workloads to AWS
- Prior Leadership experience in leading engineering or technical teams. Breadth of experience across the Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; IP Networking; IT Security; Data Center Operations; Software design or development
- Breadth of expertise in private and public Cloud Computing (i.e. AWS platform), technologies and architectural best practices.
- Expert level technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS platform in conjunction with business requirements.
- Expert level ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. CxO’s) within a customer or partner organization.
- Travel to client locations as needed. Estimated 25% travel requirement.
- Software development experience in a commercial context highly valued.