|Job Type:||Full Time|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
We are building a brand new AWS product right here in Sydney focused on helping our customers drive towards 100% availability of their applications. Our team plays across the full stack - from highly scalable back end services, massively distributed data processing systems and Machine Learning agents to intuitive UX.
Our teams include established developers with years of experience building AWS services. As we build, we grow and we're looking for a great Software Development Manager to help drive that growth. As a manager on the team you will own significant portions of our product, working with your engineers to shape the direction of the product, influencing the long term technical and business strategy, develop and hire your team of engineers while driving amazing value for all AWS customers.
Interested in working on something brand new? Come join us as we build something unique for our customers and industry!
- 5+ years experience managing and leading teams developing large-scale software
- 4+ years experience in a large-scale software development environment
- Clear communication and mentoring skills
- Excellent software design skills
- Good skills in Java/C/C++/C# or other high-level programming language
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated experience with computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, etc.)
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- 10+ years of experience developing software
- Big Ideas
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, looking for problems to solve with minimal supervision
- Excellent at working with and motivating a team
- Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch etc)
- Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems