|Job Type:||Full Time|
Solutions Architect AWS Elemental Media Services
Do you like helping media enterprise customers solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping an organization understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to help guide a project to success? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to move a large enterprise onto Amazon Web Services as their technology platform?
Come join the APAC team as a Senior Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS). In your role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2 compute, Amazon S3 storage, Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Elemental Media Services, Amazon ML / AI, Amazon CloudFront CDN, etc.) within in leading media accounts across the region. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, working cross-organizationally to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform to deliver media and video workflows in the cloud. The ideal candidate will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development and Sales team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
- Stand toe-to-toe with any and all technical folks in a meeting. Able to convince all meeting attendees that Amazon has the engineering and operational expertise to run the customer’s business.
- Proactively engages the customer or partner at the most senior levels, and not only helps them understand and integrate with the platform, but helps the customer optimize their spend, and think through their cloud strategy.
- Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Carries a reputation of excellence and exceptional capability, internally and with customers / partners.
- Own each engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Lead major portions of architectural content development initiatives, which may include reference implementations, new white papers in key areas, etc.
- Able to identify issues/gaps, crisply define them, and proactively works with the organization on proposing and driving change as appropriate.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solution architect community.
- 7+ years of implementation / consulting experience in Media, video workflows and distribution solutions
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Knowledge of software development practices and technologies required
- Technical Degree preferred
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical with experience of solving business problems in the media industry
- Experience working within software development, Media, New Media Internet-related industries is highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Experience working with end user or developer companies in media