|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our people are committed to what we do and at Downer NZ we work together as a team to deliver on our promise, to continue to be the number one supplier of infrastructure services in New Zealand.
Working as part of a team, you’ll be involved in a number of road sealing activities, like reseals, first coats, patching and commercial work. You’ll be working amongst a great team with a work hard play hard mentality.
As you’ll be working on some pretty heavy machinery you’ll ideally bring with you a Class 4 Licence (but if not Class 2 is a must, and we’ll help to train you up).
You’ll also be a team player and have either experience or a keen interest in surfacing work. You’ll couple this with
- A great work ethic – you’ll be part of a busy crew and team and some long hours are required (but you’ll be rewarded accordingly)
- Experience in Bitumen Spraying would be desirable but experience in operating a variety of civil machinery is required
- Strong focus on Safety and Quality
- Problem solving skills to solve daily challenges
- Flexibility – some out of town travel will be required on occasion
- A strong industry knowledge and excellent truck driving skills are critical to this post.
In return we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package with full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career
- Uniform and safety gear provided
- A great crew to work with
If you are ready to get started then apply via www.downercareers.co.nz and quote reference no: 561979.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.