|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Open Space Management have an enviable record of delivery to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our team are professional, focused on delivery of best practice Parks Maintenance services to our clients and the members of the public.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Horticulture Operational Supervisor to join the team in Lower Hutt
This role is primarily responsible for planning work and supervising crews for the maintenance and beautification of open space Parks and Gardens within the Lower Hutt Region; ensuring they are delivering to the contract requirements in relation to quality and service level agreements.
This varied and interesting work requires a presentable, customer focussed individual who is motivated and flexible and takes pride in their work.
Downer is committed to hiring high calibre talent. If you believe you have the following attributes, we would love to hear from you:
- A proven track record of supervising teams preferable in a range of Horticultural activities.
- Able to deal with unexpected events/make decisions and provide direction to work teams.
- Shows willingness/provides solutions to assist with a "continual improvement" philosophy.
- Organized and systematic approach to working environment
- Strong planning skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Qualifications in Amenity Horticulture
- Basic computer skills in Word and Excel
The ability to work in a team, train and supervise a diverse team of staff and motivate team members is essential. You will have proven reliability and time management skills, basic computer skills and a commitment to health and safety is vital.
In return we offer:
You will be supported to make this role your own and become part of a great team. For the right candidate there is room to progress into a number of areas. This is a great time to join the Downer team with an organisation committed to the lifelong development of our people.
Don't delay! To apply for this role, please go to www.downer.careers.co.nz and search for job number: 561967