|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re looking for a passionate and talented senior data scientist to lead CUB’s Advanced Analytics team, and to provide strategic leadership to drive forward our mission of embedding advanced analytics and data into the DNA of our company.
CUB is one of Australia’s largest consumer goods companies and we have big dreams for our future growth, and we’re looking for someone passionate about data science and its applications to create business value that can guide us along that journey.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Lead CUB’s centre of excellence for advanced analytics and a team of talented data scientists.
- Provide strategic thought-leadership on the future roadmap for advanced analytics within CUB as part of our total strategic plan.
- In close partnership with our business functions and leadership, identify the best opportunities for CUB growth through advanced analytics and – critically – be responsible for delivering these projects with our business partners.
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment spanning all parts of our diverse business, including Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, e-Commerce, Operations and Technology.
- Combine quantitative & qualitative insights to communicate your findings in a highly structured way to the rest of the business.
Provide technical analytics leadership within the CUB business, including coaching and mentoring to CUB’s future talent.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in the data science domain.
- Ability to communicate and explain data science concepts to diverse audiences, craft a compelling story.
- A focus on the 80/20 rule as well as a very high quality of work output.
- Experience mentoring and leading a team of data scientists.
- Experience developing, building and scaling machine learning models in business applications using large amounts of data.
- Development experience in a programming language (Python is preferred).
- Expertise in SQL and knowledge of cloud data environments (eg, Azure).
- Agile development mindset, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative subject (statistics, math, engineering, physics or computer science).
Experience working in the consumer products space.
More about our team
The Strategy & Analytics team is responsible for guiding CUB’s long-term strategy, delivery of key cross-functional projects and providing advanced analytics expertise as a centre of excellence for the entire business. We partner with the entirety of CUB’s diverse business – including Marketing, Sales, e-Commerce, Operations and Manufacturing – to identify the biggest, highest-value opportunities and to partner together to deliver amazing outcomes.
Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) is one of Australia's most iconic companies. We locally brew some of Australia's most famous beers, as well as distribute some of the world's leading international brands including Corona, Stella Artois and Budweiser.