|Job Type:||Part Time|
Do you enjoy working with a great bunch of people who come to work to make great things happen? Looking for some flexibility to juggle life? Are you a ‘people person’ who thrives on building relationships?
At Queensland Urban Utilities, we believe that only by becoming better and more effective in what we do, we will become a Utility of the Future and achieve our purpose – to enrich quality of life.
Secure your opportunity to join our forward thinking organisation in a part time flexible position (22.8 hours per week) as the Privacy and Right to Information Officer. In this newly designed role based in our Fortitude Valley Office you will liaise with customers and the Office of the Information Commissioner (Queensland), as well as working closely with various internal teams in order to raise awareness of our organisations privacy obligations and in relation to the processing of access applications received under Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Managing and processing all Right to Information and Information Privacy applications received by Queensland Urban Utilities
- Engaging and liaising with Right to Information Co-ordinators from across all sectors of the business to collect required information.
- Leading the implementation and embedding of our Privacy Management Framework.
- Preparing and delivering regular training and information sessions to the business to increase awareness of legislative obligations in relation to privacy and Right to Information.
- Assisting and supporting the business in the conduct of Privacy Impact Assessments and the adoption of a privacy by design approach in relation to business processes and systems.
- Responding to Right to Information enquiries and Information Privacy related complaints and providing advice internally to the business.
- Participating in the management of privacy incidents.
- Maintaining awareness of current state, federal and global laws and best practice in relation to privacy and Right to Information.
- Monitoring and reporting on privacy management compliance to senior management.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in the same role in another organisation or a similar role (regulatory compliance, governance or advisory).
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislative requirements of the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) or comparable equivalent, or ability to quickly gain knowledge in these Acts.
- Relevant problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to manage complex, confidential and sensitive information in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills including ability to negotiate and liaise with internal and external individuals and organisations to achieve agreed outcomes and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and facilitation of training using methodologies to cater for various adult learning styles.
- Tertiary qualification/s in law or business are desirable, however not mandatory.
We’re doing things differently at Queensland Urban Utilities and we are open to innovation and new ways of thinking. While this role will have its challenges, it is important to have a sense of humour when things are not so serious. We offer a flexible work environment that allows you to balance a purpose driven career with what is important to you outside of work.
This role falls under our Employment Agreement AT2D $99,946 + 9.5% Super (Pro-rata over 3 days per week)
Applications Close 30 August 2019 at 5pm.
For queries about this role contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team on firstname.lastname@example.org