|Job Type:||Full Time|
Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. The AWS Cloud infrastructure is built around Regions and Availability Zones (AZs). AWS Regions provide multiple, physically separated and isolated Availability Zones which are connected with low latency, high throughput, and highly redundant networking. These Availability Zones offer AWS customers an easier and more effective way to design and operate applications and databases, making them more highly available, fault tolerant, and scalable than traditional single data center infrastructures or multi-data center infrastructures. How would you like to come be part of the team that builds out that low latency, high throughput, and highly redundant network?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated, technically savvy Network Infrastructure Delivery Manager to help develop and scale one of the world’s largest and most complex networks. The Delivery Manager (DM) is responsible for managing some of the most technical, cost efficient, and fast paced communication construction project schedules achievable. AWS Delivery Managers are constantly challenged to drive continuous improvement and deliver the highest quality, most technically efficient connectivity solutions in the world.
As a Delivery Manager you will be a part of highly creative, efficient team tasked with tackling the most fascinating and challenging problems in fibre construction. AWS Delivery Managers are always at the forefront of the network construction industry in terms of innovation, and maintain a focus to deliver the most innovative products to our customers. Our networks are industry leading in terms of capacity and cost effectiveness. The DM is ultimately responsible for end to end network delivery and management of the contractors. The DM will also be utilized as a leader in their specific discipline (construction management, fibre splicing, OSP Design, ISP Construction or system installation/commissioning) and be responsible as a team member for delivering some of the most complex networks in the world.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Project management and oversight of construction related activities for new builds or general capital projects. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget.
- Ensure construction standards are followed.
- Perform quality audits and ensure issues are remediated before the vendors are released from the project.
- Understand the metro fibre market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
- Interface with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Networking, Data Center Engineering, PMs, Data Center Management, security, etc) to obtain their requirements and drive vendors to adhere to these key elements.
- Interface with data center providers to drive equipment and circuit installations.
- Understand the technical requirements of our engineering teams and ensure the completed project meets these requirements.
- Create detailed network planning packs to build scalable and future proof infrastructure.
- Understand fibre deployment types and insure that diversity requirements that are required are met.
- Deep understanding of the fibre construction process.
- Program management, risk mitigation and reporting status reviews to management and internal customers.
- Understand the health and safety requirements and ensure compliance is met within their markets.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Inventory management across multiple regions.
- Handle ad-hoc incoming inquiries and problems to ensure the construction programs continue on schedule
- Creation of project scope and equipment requirements, assist with request for proposals, and capital requests.
- Understand the mechanisms used to operate and maintain one of the world’s most complex networks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work across multiple time zones
- Willing to travel 25-50% of the time.
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess over 5 years of network construction management and/or program management experience in a telecom environment.
- Understand the fibre business and have worked on multiple telecom construction programs.
- Strong technical understanding of transport technologies (Fibre, DWDM, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands to deliver for the customers in a specific time window.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Having strong contacts in fibre, transport and infrastructure markets.
- Has led multiple large network construction programs.
- Understanding of construction standards in multiple regions.
- Understanding of long-haul transmission systems.
- Understanding of GIS platforms.
- Ability to speak multiple languages
- International business experience.