|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O'Rourke banner. The business is currently delivering some of Australia's most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O'Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry and has twice been named as one of Australia's Top 10 most innovative businesses by BRW Magazine
About the role
Laing O'Rourke are recruiting for a Services Manager to join the South Eastern Program Alliance (SEPA) team on the Level Crossing Removal project based in Richmond, VIC.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA), has been awarded the contract to remove the dangerous and congested level crossing at Toorak Road and deliver a new $89 rail bridge over the road, and is also working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- Oversee all Services investigations, design development, TOC pricing and delivery strategy, procurement and delivery, embed resources in each team as required and coordinate with project teams
- Lead the engagement with utilities and authorities to maintain effective working relationships, ensure compliance to design standards, procurement time frames and safely and timely delivery of utility relocations
- Review of all Utility impacts and ensure all utility solutions are integrated with other project designs
- Coordinate and steer the Utility team to achieve the above.
You will have
- Relevant engineering degree combined with extensive construction delivery of utility relocations on Infrastructure projects
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience managing various Utility Authorities
At Laing O'Rourke we work hard to create an environment that brings out the very best in our people. We believe in building careers amid a safe, connected and innovative culture – not just creating jobs.
We want to equip all our people with the skills they need to be part of a dynamic Engineering Enterprise.
We have our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to industry-leading learning tools to help every employee acquire the core competencies and skills needed to excel in this fast-changing environment.
We have committed to a number of policies and programs to improve our gender composition, including our industry-leading paid parental leave policy, where the primary carer is entitled to 26 weeks of paid leave, 18 of which are at full pay and eight weeks at half pay.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.