|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a data and analytics specialist? Do you have deep expertise in AWS services for managing data at speed and scale? Do you think big about how data can change the world, and want to have an impact on the development and delivery of new data analytics technologies and services? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects and engineers to collaborate with our customers, partners, field and engineering teams on solutions in database, data management, and analytics. These engagements will focus on real time and batch-based data processing, business intelligence, analytics, and machine learning. In this role, you'll work directly with customers to support the most technically demanding use cases, and distil these reference architectures into best practices, patterns and training for the wider AWS field teams. Through these engagements, you'll represent the voice of the customer within AWS database service engineering teams, which will help shape the roadmap for our services, and you'll be an integral part of building our global database and analytics community.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver training on new and existing DBS Services to internal AWS Technical Roles to promote technical readiness for AWS services including Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Redshift, Kinesis, Amazon Machine Learning, Amazon Athena, Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB, ElastiCache and the Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Manage escalations for technical depth from AWS field sales, presales, training and support teams in customer
- Produce and validate reference architectures and technical content
- Capture best-practice knowledge from engineering and field teams and share reference architectures and patterns amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
- Represent the voice of the customer and field engagement teams with Database Services engineering teams, and communicate information to the field about service strategy
- Collaborate with AWS field teams to build a strong worldwide Database and Analytics community
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of analytics platform implementation or operations experience. Database & Analytics Systems development and deployment experience, IT systems and engineering experience, security and compliance experience, etc.
- Possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and implementation/consulting experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Executive speaking and presentation skills – formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Implementation and tuning experience in the Big Data Ecosystem, (EMR, Hadoop, Spark, R, Presto, Hive), Database (Oracle, mysql, postgres, MS SQL Server), NoSQL (DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, design principles) and Data Warehousing (Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, schema design, query tuning and optimization) and data migration and integration.
- Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimisation.
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global database, data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing.
- Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
- Experience with Statistics, Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling.
- Hands on experience as a database, data warehouse, big data/analytics developer or administrator, or work as a data scientist.
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
- Advanced technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
- AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Associate/Professional
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.