|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, developing highly scalable applications, application security
- Experience with cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and modern architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, reactive architectures, event-driven architectures)
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team-player in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Significant experience building scalable applications across the stack – UI, API, DB, DevOps.
- Experience with relational data stores (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc); experience with non-relational DBs a plus.
- Availability to travel up to 60-80%
Who you'll work with
You’ll be based in Sydney or Melbourne as part of our McKinsey Digital Labs team. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, create and deliver new and exciting capabilities for our clients - with the emphasis on establishing the foundation for rapid and effective implementation of systems that deliver value from day one.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics. Our office culture is casual with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What you'll do