|Location:||Melbourne, Perth, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- An excellent academic background with a Masters or MBA preferred
- 15+ years of industry and/or consulting experience that includes a progressive career trajectory
- Outstanding professional achievement and distinctive impact
- Led at least one large scale Lean Transformation across several sites at the enterprise level
- Best in class continuous improvement experience; e.g., Toyota Production System, Shingo Prize, Master Black Belt, etc.
- Demonstrated track record developing and building a Lean/continuous improvement program
- Deep expertise in developing, coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels (from board room to shop floor)
- Experience leading a Lean program in service industries such as banking, insurance, etc.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to influence others
- Effectively able to collaborate and work in teams
Who you'll work with
You’ll be part of our Operations practice and will be based in one of our offices in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, or Perth). Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
When you join McKinsey, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world.
What you'll do
You’ll manage and develop strategic client relationships while ensuring the highest quality client work and while inspiring, leading, and developing new consultants.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be an entrepreneur, opening up new opportunities for client impact and reinventing McKinsey’s approaches. You’ll be responsible for identifying new client opportunities to advise companies on transformational change and capability building.
You’ll work with colleagues and clients to build best practices of lean transformation, from shop floor improvements to fundamental changes in work processes and information and material flows. You will have the opportunity to design production systems as well as drive and support implementation of lean improvement activities on the shop floor and along the value stream. You will strive to improve the energy efficiency of manufacturing operations and will build and enhance quality systems. You will build lean manufacturing capabilities in client organizations and will optimize global networks of manufacturing facilities.
You will lead and advise developing consultants and be an important source of intellectual insight on a client project, framing business problems in a way that the teams can then execute to drive impact and value. Advising and collaborating with individual project managers, you’ll lead the teams on their day to day problem solving, team management and client management.
You will also work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm.