|Location:||Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Undergraduate degree in engineering and/or an advanced degree from a premier institution, especially in mining, metallurgy, materials engineering or geology (preferred).
- Ideally between 5-15 years of experience in mine planning, mine operations management, performance improvement, and/or corporate management/support functions at a major mining company
- Evidence of a distinctive career trajectory and record of achievement; please attach academic transcripts with application
- Field-based experience on projects in the mining & metals industry
- In-depth knowledge of continuous improvement programs, such as Lean/Six Sigma (preferred)
- Ability to apply problem-solving and experience-based judgment to complex challenges by focusing on the critical issues and constraints that affect business performance
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring clients and helping others succeed
- Demonstrated leadership ability and passionate about coaching and mentoring clients and helping others succeed
- Ability to work with people across all levels in an organization demonstrating strong influencing and communication skills
- Flexibility to travel regionally or globally up to 4 days a week,depending on client needs and your base location
Who you'll work with
You will be based in the Melbourne, Perth, Sydney or Brisbane office and will be working with McKinsey Implementation (MI) – a rapidly growing capability for our firm.
As a member of MI, you’ll work closely with our client project teams on our client's toughest problems, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended change in their business.
What you'll do
Working in small teams you will be responsible for building clients’ capabilities, systems, and processes to ensure they capture and sustain the anticipated bottom-line results.
Engaging at a deep level you will drive lasting impact on critical exploration, production, refinement and energy trading issues at leading companies. From the start of a client engagement, you’ll be on the ground with your team, ensuring that implementation success is a priority. You’ll develop practical recommendations, identify potential implementation challenges, manage projects, and track progress.
Working side-by-side with your clients, you will coach them as they develop their skills, tackle key operational challenges, and implement new processes and programs, helping them achieve results they never thought possible.
Working at McKinsey you will also experience tremendous personal and professional growth. Participating in on-going professional development, you will be mentored by McKinsey leaders, your peers, and subject matter experts from leading organisations who have experience in a broad range of industries and functions and are located around the world.
Interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter drawing reference to your suitable skills and experience in relation to the role as outlined above.