|Location:||Melbourne, Perth, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree preferred
- 4+ years of work experience, preferred with experience leading front line teams, change management , or continuous improvement
- Strong record of academic achievement and clear demonstration of leadership in a work, academic, and/or extracurricular setting
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth and subsequently take a leadership role in exploring new ideas
- Sharp analytical and creative mindse
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem solving skills (quantitative, conceptual)
- Ability to work with people across all levels in an organization
- Comfortable with significant client interaction and interest in building relationships
- Strong interest in and passion for coaching or mentoring others
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Comfort with extensive travel (4 – 5 days per week)
Who you'll work with
You'll join in one of our Australian locations (Perth, Sydney or Melbourne), working with our McKinsey Implementation (MI) team.
MI is a rapidly growing service offering for McKinsey & Company. It provides continuous, distinctive support to our clients to ensure they achieve and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended changes. Our implementation consultants are involved from strategy through execution with a disciplined eye on impact and sustainability at every stage of the project life-cycle. We are developing a strong team, and are looking for exceptional individuals to join us. For more information on McKinsey Implementation please visit: www.mckinsey.com/implementation
What you'll do
You will work in small teams with colleagues and clients to build the strategies, capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and ensure those results will be sustained.
Our work is about coaching others to achieve success in implementing new approaches and delivering lasting outcomes. You'll have the opportunity to manage projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. Additionally, you'll develop practical recommendations and contribute to team discussions on implications of analysis; identifying implementation challenges.
You'll work alongside the client’s staff on each project, assisting with implementation tasks. This could include facilitating working sessions with front-line and supervisors, connecting with and motivating the client team, or developing skills of McKinsey or client team members when appropriate, principally through coaching. You'll also solicit feedback from team members to develop your own skills.