|Location:||Melbourne, Perth, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 5 to 10 years experience in industry or consulting environment that includes a progressive career trajectory
- Proficiency in industrial engineering, construction management, contractor management, design optimization, procurement and commissioning
- Industry expertise in one of the following: Metals, Mining, Oil & Gas or Energy sectors
- Proven track record and expertise in delivering large capital-expenditure projects (larger than USD 100 million) across the entire project lifecycle
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively in English and local language
Who you'll work with
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations practice in Australia. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
What you'll do
You will work in teams of consultants providing managerial expertise gained from large construction projects.
This includes applying your experience in bottom-up design, design optimization, risk management, contracting and procurement, construction management, and the ramp-up of production processes in capital-intensive industries.
You will likely carry out lean construction project implementations and capability building. As part of this, you’ll develop short- and long-term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership and McKinsey client service teams, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources.
You’ll have the opportunity to introduce new frameworks, tools, or ways of using existing material, to identify clients for beta testing, and to codify new knowledge in articles. Colleagues will look to you for your expertise on project/program management tools such as portfolio management, lifecycle planning, and project tracking.
As in with all consultants, you will perform structured, fact-based diagnoses of systems, processes, and organizations across a broad range of industries.