|Location:||Melbourne, Perth, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelor’s in Engineering (ideal), advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 5 to 10 years of global purchasing experience for large organizations, preferably in Automotive, IT/High-tech, Industrial/Consumer Goods, or Retail sector
- Strong foundational knowledge of purchasing and strategic sourcing principles such as: TCO, supplier collaboration, design to cost, risk management, price leverage, organizational design, global sourcing, etc.
- Experience assessing and driving transformational improvements across purchasing and sourcing organizations
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who you'll work with
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations practice in Australia. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
McKinsey’s Purchasing & Supply Management Service Line is committed to helping clients transform their purchasing and supply management organizations as well as in operational problem-solving across the business enterprise. This often involves fundamentally changing the corporate organization and culture to embrace lasting change.
What you'll do
You’ll work with colleagues and clients from a wide range of business areas across the world to develop purchasing strategies.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
In addition, you will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm.
You’ll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.