|Location:||Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Undergraduate degree in engineering and/or an advanced degree (master’s, MBA, PhD)
- Evidence of a distinctive career trajectory, academic record and demonstrated experience in front line operational leadership roles
- Approximately 12-15+ years of relevant experience in exploration and production, refining, or energy trading at a large oil company, service provider, or professional services firm
- Experience in operational excellence methods and approaches, e.g., lean services, large-scale project/program management experience with a proven track record of impact generation
- Understanding of the principles of change management and performance metrics and dialogues
- Candidates with tenure in the following roles are encouraged to apply: exploration, reservoir and production engineers; drilling engineers; refinery engineers; chemical engineers; planning analysts and business development managers; commercial managers in the downstream
- Able to apply problem-solving and experience-based judgment to complex challenges by focusing on the critical issues and constraints that affect business performance
- Demonstrated leadership ability and passionate about coaching and mentoring individuals and teams
- Ability to work with people across all levels in an organization to make them successful as well as strong influencing and communication skills
- Flexibility to travel regionally 4 days a week depending on client needs and your base location
Who you'll work with
You will be based in Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne or Sydney and be part of McKinsey Implementation--a rapidly growing capability for our firm. The work you'll do is national with travel to our clients’ sites.
As a member of MI, you’ll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended change in their business.
What you'll do
You will work in small teams to build clients’ capabilities, systems, and processes to ensure our clients capture and sustain the anticipated bottom-line results.
In this role, you will engage at a deep level to drive lasting impact on critical exploration, production, refinement and energy trading issues at leading companies. As an implementation engagement manager, you are passionate about coaching individuals and teams to see them succeed and help deliver impact on critical issues.
From the start of a client engagement, you’ll be on the ground with your team, ensuring that implementation success is a priority. You’ll develop practical recommendations, identify potential implementation challenges, manage projects, and track progress. Working side-by-side with your clients, you will coach them as they develop their skills, tackle key operational challenges, and implement new processes and programs. You’ll help them achieve results they never thought possible.
At McKinsey our consultants experience tremendous personal and professional growth. Participating in on-going professional development; you’ll be mentored by McKinsey leaders, your peers, and subject matter experts from leading organizations who have experience in a broad range of industries and functions and are located around the world.
Interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter drawing reference to your suitable skills and experience in relation to the role as outlined above. (Please keep your CV to a maximum of 5 pages).