Last updated an hour ago
|Location:||Auckland, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university; Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Prior experience as a consultant in a professional services firm preferred
- In depth knowledge and understanding of typical consulting team structures, roles, responsibilities, analytical techniques, problem solving frameworks and strategies and communication approaches
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing and sales, etc.
- Deep expertise in industries such as financial services, high-tech, telecommunications, manufacturing, energy, retail, pharmaceuticals, or travel and logistics
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organisation
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively (both written and verbal) in English
Who you'll work withYou will be based in our Auckland, Sydney, Perth or Melbourne office. When you join McKinsey as an Engagement Manager, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world –across the private, public, and social sectors –solve some of their most difficult problems.
What you'll do
You will typically lead a team of 3-5 consultants to help clients achieve new performance highs.
In this role, you will lead the day to day execution of a client project while guiding and developing individual team members. You’ll work directly with clients – usually on site – and you’ll take ownership of the overall project and its end products.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and work closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
You will have the opportunity to build on your proven leadership skills and leverage your interest in inspiring others, building strong relationships, and creating a true followership. In a collaborative team setting, you'll work closely with others but also autonomously with little direction. Your strong problem solving and communications skills will ensure successful client projects and team performance.
Client project work typically includes gathering and analysing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
Lastly, you’ll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. You will receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues and senior leaders on teams.