|Location:||Melbourne, Perth, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- University degree and excellent academic record required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in a high performing manufacturing environment, demonstrating a progressive career trajectory, outstanding professional achievement and distinctive impact.
- Some exposure to one of the following continuous improvement methodologies: Toyota Production System, Shingo Prize, Master Black Belt, Six Sigma, Kaizan, or Lean Management, etc.
- Demonstrated track record developing and building a continuous improvement program as well as experience developing, coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels.
- Strong influencing, coaching and communication skills across all levels of an organization, plus a passion for seeing others succeed.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work at all levels of a client organization
- Willingness to travel regionally or globally up to 80% depending on client and base location
Who you'll work with
You’ll work with McKinsey Implementation – a rapidly growing capability for our firm – in one of our Australian offices. McKinsey Implementation is a rapidly growing capability area for McKinsey & Company. It provides distinctive support to ensure that our clients deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended changes in their business.
As soon as a project starts, our Implementation consultants are on the ground ensuring that implementation success is a priority. We engage at a deep level across our clients’ businesses, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed both to deliver bottom-line results and to ensure that they are sustained. Our work involves coaching, change and program management, and delivering lasting outcomes.
What you'll do
You’ll be a thought leader in the application of continuous improvement and lean techniques across service industries and functions at an enterprise level.
Primarily, you will develop and mentor clients to be effective problem solvers and frontline coaches. You will guide organizations through a lean journey by applying your expertise to ensure successful implementation and sustainability of our client’s Lean Transformations, including creating short and long-term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources.
You will apply your experience leading lean transformations and capability-building in the context of the overall wave/project/continuous improvement effort and you’ll introduce new frameworks, tools, or ways of using existing material. Additionally, you’ll help to identify clients for beta testing.
Opportunities will exist to supplement our firm’s existing knowledge by codifying and disseminating new knowledge in articles and white papers.