|Job Type:||Full Time|
AWS is building something brand new right here in Sydney - and we’re looking for a passionate full stack engineer to help us deliver amazing experiences that help our customers drive towards 100% availability of their applications and workloads.
On our team you will use your talent for front-end and middleware development to build engaging experiences for our customers globally, working with our UX designers and other developers to build out end to end solutions. You will have the autonomy and independence to own substantial parts of the problem, with significant opportunity to define your own direction and plans. You will also join our strong development culture which includes regular tech talks, deep dive training and a passion for taking a break around a board game!
If you are passionate about building high impact software with new technologies and are eager to take on and solve challenging problems while delivering an amazing customer experience, then our team is the perfect fit for you.
- 6+ years experience in a large-scale software development environment
- Experience developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Webcomponents, etc.) and UI test automation frameworks
- Skilled in developing rich front-end applications with HTML, CSS, JS and can enable rapid-prototype development.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
- Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- Big Ideas
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, looking for problems to solve with minimal supervision
- Excellent at working with and motivating a team
- Experience in communicating with users, UX designers, and product management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and derive technical designs and product strategy.
- Experience developing complex front-end and back-end software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices including coding standards, code reviews, continuous deployments, testing and operations.