|Location:||Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The WORK180 Story
WORK180 was born in Australia in 2015. Our mission is to empower every woman to choose a workplace where they can thrive. Five years later, we have influenced change beyond our dreams. In 2018, we launched in the UK and will be launching in the US in 2020.
We are supported by an incredible team and backed by Atlassian’s co-founder Scott Farquhar’s and Kim Jackson’s private investment fund Skip Capital.
WORK180 is achieving what no other job platform has done before. Employers are lifting the bar when it comes to creating inclusive workplaces. This includes increasing paid parental leave, introducing gender-neutral policies and closing gender pay gaps.
We have ambitious plans to expand globally and looking for people who are driven and passionate about our mission to join us.
Inspired by our story? Excited? Want to know more? Read what our CEO Gemma Lloyd has to say https://au.work180.co/blog/announcing-a-new-purpose-to-empower-every-woman-to-choose-a-workplace-where-they-can-thrive
Why join us?
- Help create a platform that is at the forefront of a new workplace revolution. Be a catalyst for change and help put an end to workplace discrimination, so that everyone is valued equally, and businesses can enjoy the benefits of a truly diverse workforce.
- Work with talented engineers. We're a high performing team that builds products used by people around the world. We achieve great results by supporting each other and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Take on exciting and challenging problems. You’ll be involved in everything from the decision making, planning, building, and running of our products, internal systems, and processes.
- Join a small team at a magical time. We're still small, and we have ambitious plans for the future. You'd help steer the ship and have a say in what we build and how we build it.
Remote life at WORK180
We're a 100% remote company, but we're still a tight-knit team!
Working remotely has many unique benefits and challenges, and you'll have the flexibility and support to find what works for you.
Some of the ways we stay connected:
- Company conferences - last year, we met in the Gold Coast.
- Regular state-based catchups. Coworking, coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks.
- Introductions to people in different teams to help them catch up in person or remotely. (We use a Slack plugin called Donut to help facilitate this).
Want to understand more about remote working? Our Technology Lead, Damian Karzon, recently wrote about some tips and tricks on staying productive.
About this role
What will you do as a Software Engineer at WORK180?
- You'll build new product features from start to finish. Think features that help job seekers find relevant jobs, like optimising the search experience of the website you're on right now!
- You'll help scale the platform and make improvements to performance and reliability. Think improvements that allow us to scale to multiple regions around the world.
- You'll work on greenfield projects and will take shared ownership of our products.
We want to hear from you if...
- You have proven experience building large scale production web applications.
- You can work productively and autonomously in a 100% remote team.
- You can adapt and learn new technologies as you go. You never say it can't be done; you provide options and explain what can be done.
- You care about your craft and want to understand the why behind anything you build.
- You know how to build inclusive and accessible products.
- You have experience with .NET Core MVC, Web API, Postgres.
- Bonus: You have experience with AWS, Docker, Node.
The most important skill is having a great attitude - honesty, a motivation to learn and humility is what we’re looking for. We believe that good engineers can jump tech stacks relatively easily - so we’re expecting real-world experience from the breadth of tech you’ve worked on in different projects.
One last thing...
Feel free to reach out to me.
If this role and culture sound fitting to you, please apply now.