|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Product Owner to join our Technology team, based in either Wellington or Auckland.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for executing on our product vision, strategy and roadmap. You will work alongside a talented engineering pod. Your skillful product leadership and management of the pod’s backlog enables the pod to deliver compelling products and services that solve real problems for our customers.
**What you'll bring with you
- Proven experience championing strategic priorities and helping others relate to and align with it.
- Ideally, proven Product Ownership experience — with a toolbox of modern product discovery practices to draw upon.
- Ideally, proven experience using a range of metrics to monitor the success and health of products and services. Proven experience of making evidence-based decisions.
- A solid track record of addressing customer needs. Ideally, proven experience connecting teams closer with customers (and not just be a proxy for them).
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. Proven experience building meaningful, collaborative relationships across all levels of the business.
- Ideally, proven experience advocating for/evangelising a product or service with customers and stakeholders.
- Proven experience leading a team through influencing and persuasion, without formal authority.
- Ideally, proven experience working with innovative software development projects at scale.
- Great communication skills.
- AGrowth mindset.
- You are knowledgeable in product ownership & have a toolkit of modern product discovery practices to draw upon.
Why working at Xero is great**
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to work and we have a diverse and inclusive culture which we’re very proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family, sport or side-gig is the priority or something in between, Xero can be all of that and more.
We're a huge part of the small business and development communities and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences and hosting meetups. We're really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to improving diversity and inclusion.
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares, Life Insurance and enhanced leave as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks like a great social club and sports teams you can join, free fruit, soft drinks and espresso coffee, as well as video games, pool and ping pong tables.
If this sounds like you apply now with your CV and Cover Letter telling us why you want to join the team!
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and isRainbow Tickaccredited too.