Queensland Urban Utilities is doing things differently. We’re building a future that delivers innovative solutions in the water and wastewater environment to ensure that our customers have access to clean, sustainable and reliable water. Whether you’re running a bath or making a cuppa, watering the grass or flushing the loo, Queensland Urban Utilities has contributed to making that happen. With a combined network that spans over 18,000 km of sewerage and water mains, we are passionate about how we do business.
The Senior Category Specialist will handle large, complex initiatives and will exercise management-level authority from time-to-time; as well as guiding, developing and mentoring category specialists in their work.
This role works closely with our leadership teams, suppliers and regulators to design, develop and manage integrated business solutions, across a broad range of business elements. This includes sourcing activity, commercial relationships, supply processes, transaction systems, decision support models and demand management protocols.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide leadership and input into strategic sourcing projects. Advising as a subject matter expert, participate in and when required lead negotiation activities and oversee contract approval and finalisation.
- Development and negotiation of highly complex agreements and partnerships with suppliers, encompassing key program specifications and functional objectives.
- Influence the development of business objectives and operational direction across the business, particularly with respect to opportunities leveraged in procurement markets and the supply chain.
- Monitor and evaluate ICT market conditions/trends and refine product/service strategies to optimize sourcing results.
- Design, develop, implement and manage governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protect company assets, and comply with corporate and regulatory policies.
- Contribute to ICT spend management strategies including supplier assessments and rationalization, ensuring best value for money, vendor managed inventories, cycle time improvements, security of supply, supplier diversity, continuous improvement and procurement/business collaboration.
- In partnership with the ICT Category Manager and Group Procurement, participate in continuous improvement of metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing and work collaboratively with team members to prioritize and drive implementation.
- Report and maintain records of financial goals, including budget and savings achieved to plan.
This is a 2 year maximum term opportunity that offers all the rewards and benefits of working with Queensland Urban Utilities. Whilst this role will have its challenges, it’s important to maintain a sense of humour when things aren’t so serious. We believe in building a culture that balances work with your life responsibilities and one that provides a collaborative environment.
If this sounds like you, apply today.
Applications close 5:00pm on Thursday 29 August 2019. Please note, to maintain fairness for all applicants, emailed applications are not able to be accepted. For any queries, please email email@example.com