|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, and bright, driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking a talented Startup Business Development Manager to join the AWS Startup business development team to drive the awareness and adoption of the AWS products and services across the Australia/New Zealand startup ecosystem. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-starter to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to drive significant value for startups building sophisticated, scalable businesses.
The mission of the AWS Startup Team is to work with the best startups to build their businesses on AWS, and to help them be successful and grow. The Startup Business Development Manager will engage with promising startup organizations in order to acquire, grow and retain hot and early stage startups in this space. If you have a passion for technology and the ability to get people excited about your company, especially within the fast-paced, energetic startup ecosystem, then this is the role for you.
- Lead the team and wider AWS organization in understanding and serving the unique needs and opportunities in the startup space in Queensland & South Australia
- Activities that influence and strengthen AWS’s relationship with new and existing startup customers, such as joint PR, introduction to other parts of Amazon, and introductions to potential investors where relevant.
- Support early stage startups in your market to develop, test, and launch on AWS; drive increased overall startup adoption of strategic AWS services.
- Providing technical guidance about the AWS platform to startups in conjunction with AWS solution architects, helping them grow efficiently and cost effectively on the platform.
- Attending and representing AWS at relevant startup/technology events in Queensland & South Australia, as well as working with sales & marketing to plan and execute our own events and campaigns.
- Driving signups to our Activate startup program (where relevant) in collaboration with partners in the ecosystem (e.g. incubators, accelerators and venture funds).
- Collaborate with our sales teams to leverage customer relationships to support valuable connections between startups and enterprises
- 7+ years experience working within a technical organization or startup(s)
- Passion for technology and the startup ecosystem
- Deep network and connections with key stakeholders in the startup space in Queensland and/or South Australia
- Ability to learn quickly, be creative and take initiative
- Self-reliant, adaptable, decisive, and professional
- Able to function in a team environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills and able to professionally interact with customers
- Prior experience working in a similar role and working environment
- Previous cloud technology knowledge/experience.
- Understanding of the lifecycle and needs of startups more broadly