|Job Type:||Full Time|
USG Boral is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer based in our Port Melbourne office with solid experience in control and automation. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the management and implementation of electrical engineering projects and maintenance programs.
Supporting the manufacturing and maintenance process to solve breakdowns when engineering support is necessary after normal working hours is critical to the role.
Supervising major maintenance tasks at the plant site that requires a primary focus on safety and achieving the aim of no injuries is key to the success of this role.
Some other responsibilities will include:
- Lead all electrical project work for electrical maintenance support, switch-yard support and control system upgrades and maintenance.
- Responsible for leading safety, reducing machine downtime in the mill and board plants whilst minimising maintenance expenditure.
- Provide Leadership to the Electrical Maintenance team and associated contractors
- Implement and sustain a systematic preventative maintenance system following Continuous Improvement strategies with constant challenge to the status quo,
- Carry out root cause analysis of equipment failures
- Set and maintain a “Right First Time” standard in electrical maintenance, and
- Carry out design, costing and implementation of maintenance improvement strategies including capital expenditure projects as delegated by the Engineering Manager.
- Tertiary qualified, electrician by trade with solid experience in control and automation and or electrical engineer.
- Strong commitment to safety, change management and a clear ability to impact outcomes and influence.
- Minimum five years’ experience in maintenance management,
- Experience in the use of IT systems for maintenance management,
- Experience in programming of PLC and SCADA systems (preferably Allen Bradley)
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis problem solving - KT a definite advantage,
- Word processing and spreadsheet skills, and
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Genuine career development opportunity
- Organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment.
About USG Boral:
Boral and USG’s plasterboard and ceilings joint venture, USG Boral Building Products, brings together Boral’s leading plasterboard manufacturing and distribution footprint in Asia and Australia with USG’s world-leading building products technologies and strategic assets in Asia and the Middle East. The 50/50 joint venture leverages the two companies' iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints and technological expertise to deliver a unique portfolio of building products across 12 countries spanning Asia, Australasia and the Middle East.
USG Boral values its employees and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance engineer?