|Job Type:||Full Time|
This Role could be based at any location within Australia.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Senior Migration Solution Architects to work with and enable our enterprise account teams and customers accelerate their cloud migration journey, including understanding customer business drivers, their current datacenter architecture, help design reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundation, and defining migration pathways.
The Migration Solution Architect also leads a small team of workload specific Solution Architects focused on enterprise migrations. You will be part of a cross functional team including business development, sales, solution architecture, partners, and professional services, engaging with senior leadership internally and within the customer environment. Your role will be focused on driving successful outcomes for customers, developing IP and mechanisms to build repeatable and scalable engagements, and building an effective partner ecosystem.
This role is a senior role in the Solutions Architecture organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to enable the account Solutions Architects lead transformational change in large Enterprise customers in their journey to the cloud, including leading many such engagements working along-side account teams as mentoring and coaching opportunity.
The Migration Solution Architect works with account managers and account Solutions Architects for a number of high-value enterprises in a geography, and leads migration assessment, readiness and deal technical strategy across the broader team. The Migration Solution Architect must have the ability to train and mentor account Solution architects on the migration process, technologies and best practices therefore enabling them to conduct future engagements independently.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Engaging with C-level executives to inspire, define and execute on Enterprise cloud migration strategies showing thought-leadership and a ‘can do’ approach to enterprise migrations.
- Working as part of a cross functional team to identify, develop, and close deals
- Defining and executing on the technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within AWS (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners) to define migration pathways.
- Assessing migration feasibility, identifying dependencies and overcoming obstacles.
- Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at a customer and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration.
- Working with large scale networks, compute and storage architectures and assisting customers and other Solution Architects devise best practices.
- Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform and migration programs.
- Act as a player-coach, leading the team but also actively leading customer engagements and deals
- 10+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in enterprise CIO / CTO customer-facing roles.
- 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
- Experience in leading datacenter or cloud migration projects.
- Prior Leadership experience in leading engineering or technical teams.
- Breadth of experience across the Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; IP Networking; IT Security; Data Center Operations; Software design or development.
- Breadth of expertise in private and public Cloud Computing (i.e. AWS platform), technologies and architectural best practices.
- Expert level technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS platform in conjunction with business requirements.
- Expert level ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. CxO’s) within a customer or partner organization.
- Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
- Demonstrate a strong bias for action and hands on approach.
- Travel to customer locations as needed. Estimated 50% travel requirement across Asia-Pacific & Japan.
- A Bachelor’s degree; Masters/MBA degree.
- Experience architecting complex use cases leveraging AWS services and multi-vendor environment technologies.
- Experience with cross platform migrations (from SPARC/AIX to Intel) and different hypervisor technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, Xen).
- Hands on experience with networking and database replication technologies.
- Have an understanding of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Enterprise IT management frameworks, identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
- Experience in designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.