|Job Type:||Full Time|
Fitter Mechanic Field Service – FIFO - Newman
- Bring your customer service and mechanical skills to this fast paced role
- Repair and maintain a wide range of capital equipment on customer sites
- 2/1 off roster. Enjoy stable employment and build your career. Permanent role
As a Fitter Mechanic Field Service, take responsibility for the safe, effective and efficient maintenance, service, overhaul and repair of our extensive range of hire equipment and machinery, on customer sites. Play a crucial role in providing customers with superior customer service during potentially disruptive and difficult periods associated with any breakdown of machinery or equipment on site. A key focus of the role is providing exceptional customer service to Coates Hire’s customers, as well as ensuring a high standard of safety.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership contributing to Coates Hire’s Safety First - Zero Harm safety culture
- Maintain continuous knowledge of changing products, equipment and manufacturers’ requirements.
- Respond promptly to customers regarding equipment breakdowns on customer sites.
- Ensure operational downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Diagnose mechanical faults across a variety of equipment whilst on customer site.
- Safely repair the equipment on site or organise the return / replacement of the equipment
- Conduct all repairs following trade practice and Silver Service standards
- Ensure appropriate stock levels of spare parts are available to undertake on site repairs
- Keep compliance to all service bulletin completions
- Keep customers up-to-date re service requirements, time to repair and options regarding the solution.
- Ensure paper work is completed for service or repair work; maintain service records.
Skills and Experience
Bring your trade qualifications and current drivers and forklift licence (desirable) along with your experience working on capital equipment. Ideally this will include mechanical experience with petrol and diesel motors, hydraulics pneumatics and basic electrical skills. You will be familiar with JSEA’s, live and breathe safety and uphold safe work practices at all times.
Customer service is important and sometimes this may mean you have to work to a tight deadline or overtime. You will be confident in your diagnostic skills and able to work independently. Intermediate computer skills will see you keep electronic records of all equipment serviced and occasionally, you may help in the workshop supporting the mechanics as they maintain and prepare equipment ready for hire.
This positon cab be local or is a roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off. Flying in from Perth. If you are interested in a long term role with a stable employer that offers career opportunities, then we look forward to your application.