|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you ready to make a BIG difference? Join the AWS Managed Services team at the forefront of cloud technologies with interactions and integrations across the full breadth of AWS services. Imagine if you could upload enterprise-level applications and software onto the cloud, and not have to worry about the associated routine tasks that ensure optimal performance. What if you could design intelligent software that could implement these tasks and return immediate and actionable information to its users?
We are building intelligent software that automates infrastructure operations and provides recommendations to AWS users who are eager for deep insights into cost optimization, performance, security, and fault tolerance. As an Engineer on our team, you will become an AWS expert who understands and works with a variety of AWS services to build and deliver highly available, performant, and scalable systems to delight our customers. You will be surrounded by world-class engineers who are masters in their field, passionate about cloud computing, and excel at developing innovative solutions to solve customer problems.
Our goal is to increase enterprise adoption of AWS by providing an AWS infrastructure operations management service. AWS Managed Services provides automated outcomes for critical infrastructure operations (e.g. operations as code) across change management, provisioning, monitoring, remediation, patch, backup, recovery, logging, compliance, and security.
If you are a technically strong full-stack software engineer who can mentor and guide a team in tackling hard technical issues, who excels working in an agile environment, and gets excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day, then you are a right fit for our team! Become an integral part of our fun, cooperative, and innovative team, and re:Invent history!
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the US. Amazon’s Web Services (AWS) business has a history and tradition of leading the world in cloud technologies.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or closely related field or Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work for every year of education.
- 10+ years professional experience in software development.
- Ability to lead a project from scoping requirements to a successful production launch.
- Solid experience with one of the modern programming languages such as Java, C#, Go, Scala, C/C++.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithm design and analysis.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Graph Databases)
- Strong understanding of common design paradigms and best software development practices.
- Experience developing distributed systems and web services.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation.
- Prior leadership experience; mentoring and guiding team members through design reviews, code reviews, quality control processes, and software engineering best practices.
- Familiarity with Linux development environment.
- Familiarity with reporting and data interpretation.
- Familiarity with AWS services or other cloud providers is a plus.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical issues and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous, undefined problems.
- Ability to think abstractly and turn abstractions into results and products.
- Familiarity with Big Data and/or Machine Learning.