|Job Type:||Full Time|
USG Boral is looking for a responsible, organised and motivated Structural Engineer to join our National Engineering team based at our Pinkenba office in Queensland.
Motivation and enthusiasm for results and a hard-working ethos coupled with excellent communication skills is critical to the success of this role. Incumbent must lead by example, with an ability to undertake projects and tasks from proposal to completion, whilst always maintaining professional integrity along with an outstanding business and commercial acumen is essential at the time of application.
USG Boral provides high-quality plasterboard & related products, including building systems for residential and commercial construction and reports to the R&D, Engineering Services Director. The National Engineering team provides technical services and support for USG Boral Australia, New Zealand and the wider USG Boral Group in Asia Pacific and Middle East. More specifically R&D, new Products & Systems development, technical business development and technical services for a wide customer base. You will be a key member of the National Engineering team, championing the regional (QLD) Engineering services activities for the company.
The role is suitable for someone with managerial experience preferably from an engineering and or construction industry background. Be a technical mentor to team members, it is critical to develop close working relationships with other business units like sales and marketing to assist and secure sales and project specifications. If you are willing to provide technical leadership, and guidance to the sales team, customers, tradespeople in the industry we want to hear from you. Some other duties include:
Technical Engineering Support:
- Lead and provide onsite support on installation and technical queries, including pre, during and post-construction phases for both commercial and residential projects. Manage and support technical laboratory staff activities.
- Plan and implement development projects to improve construction systems, meeting identified market requirements for technical performance.
- Ensure sales and support teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across all project phases.
- Engage and work with Queensland Commercial Account, Architectural Specification Managers in developing/maintaining relationships with builders, commercial lining contractors & architects to promote USG Boral products & systems.
Client Relationship Management:
- Develop and enhance relationships with key stakeholders in the building and construction industry through direct contact and representation e.g. QBCC, HIA, Master Builders and AWCI (Qld).
- Provide regional technical support to customers and staff including: the investigation and recommendation of corrective actions for field problems i.e. sales, technical & product training, project tendering, specifications and value engineering.
- Ability to make timely decisions, problem solve and implement projects on time
- Understand customer needs, industry associations & manage competitor activity.
Team Leadership, Training & Innovation:
- Develop a technical support network & provide technical advice to team members
- Plan & conduct marketing & technical meetings, including presentations & proposals
- Develop & support innovative ideas, nominate new products to add value i.e cost effective design solutions.
- Provide engineering certification as required in the relevant discipline under IEAust accreditation.
- Tertiary qualification in Structural/Civil Engineering/ post-graduate qualifications preferred but not compulsory.
- Five years minimum experience within a similar industry
- Strong knowledge of building construction practice/methodology including site supervision and field support.
- Ability to manage client relationship development with contractors, builders, developers, architects and engineers.
- Background in leadership & project management
- Innovative and creative skills and a good problem solver
- Well-developed interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Attractive remuneration package including a tool of trade vehicle
- Excellent personal and career development
- Opportunities to work interstate and overseas on assignment
About USG Boral:
Boral and USG’s plasterboard and ceilings joint venture, USG Boral Building Products, brings together Boral’s leading plasterboard manufacturing and distribution footprint in Asia and Australia with USG’s world-leading building products technologies and strategic assets in Asia and the Middle East. The 50/50 joint venture leverages the two companies' iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints and technological expertise to deliver a unique portfolio of building products across 12 countries spanning Asia, Australasia and the Middle East.