|Job Type:||Full Time|
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Queensland Fire & Emergency Services
FR - CENTRAL
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As an emergency service agency, Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is responsible for ensuring the safety of people and property across Queensland through the provision of effective prevention, preparation, response and recovery activities across a range of emergency situations.
Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, QFES also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Auxiliary Support Officers provide non-operational support and assistance at or in relation to their designated station. The officers DO NOT respond to emergency incidents.
There are no mandatory requirements for this role.
Auxiliary Support Officers may assist with a range of duties, depending on their skills, knowledge and abilities, including:
- Maintenance and repair of station facilities.
- Community education and messaging activities.
- Training activities.
- Administration and record keeping.
As an important part of the station team, Auxiliary Support Officers shall also:
- Promote a positive team approach in all work activities.
- Comply with legislative, policy and procedural requirements appropriate to the position.
- Communicate effectively with QFES personnel, other emergency service providers and the general community.
- Contribute to a safe and healthy work environment by adhering to organisational health principles and procedures.
- Promote the values in the Workplace Behaviour Standard and Code of Conduct for the Queensland Public Service including employment equity, ethical decision making and conflict resolution.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following leadership and management behavioural competencies Queensland Public Service Workforce Capability Success Profile that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Workforce Capability Success Profile Category – Individual contributor
Performance through Vision
- Understands how their work aligns to organisational objectives
- Acts proactively
- Responds flexibly to change
- Focuses on customers
- Seeks continuous improvement
Performance through Results
- Focuses on performance
- Manage internal and external relationships
- Supports others’ capability development
- Gives constructive feedback
Performance through Accountability
- Models professional and ethical behaviour
- Displays rigour in analysis
- Applies specialist knowledge and skills
- Commits to personal development
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
To find out more about Queensland Fire and Emergency Services, you can also visit our website.