|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud Platform organization
- Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
- Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work & mobile phone
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented Engineers to join the AWS and Event Management (E2M) teams globally, who are not constrained by how “things are usually done”. As a member of the E2M team you will be at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a typical day an Engineer will be working with our amazing internal Cloud Support Engineering Teams and Service Teams to dive in and lead resolution of some of the most complex technical challenges. We need someone who excels at working in a dynamic environment while collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry and who gets excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day!
AWS Support is looking for a smart & enthusiastic Engineer with a strong problem solving ability. The Engineer role will work as part of the E2M Team to identify widespread and systemic customer facing problems for Amazon Web Services. You will be responsible for monitoring internal tools to identify customer facing problems. When a problem is identified, you will ensure the appropriate parties are engaged to drive the resolution of the problem and act as an advocate on behalf of the customer to both report and manage the customer experience. Because of our unique role, AWS Engineers have front-and-center limitless exposure to all things AWS, including numerous leading edge technologies.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Assess real-time monitoring of incoming alarms.
- Prioritise, manage and own emerging and developing customer issues from start to finish.
- Quickly detect and diagnose service impacting events.
- Provide critical response/management for AWS Service Teams.
- Monitor and manage communications during high impact events via relevant channels.
- Work with key stakeholders across AWS to improve the customer experience and develop mechanisms that support operational excellence.
- Drive down mean time to engagement and communication for all types.
- Continue to build a broad understanding of AWS architecture and service inter-dependencies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders around documentation and processes regarding recurring issues as well as new service updates.
- Provide crisp and timely communication on developing issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate Post-Mortem/Root Cause Analysis after each event to mitigate problem recurrence.
- Analyze data trends on internal tickets, customer contacts, social media, and network monitors to identify potential issues.
- Deliver customer impairment reports for relevant stakeholders.
- Showcase the ability to maintain composure in dynamic and high pressure situations.
- Perform other duties as required by the organization.
- Demonstrable track record with experience in management on mission critical services
- Experience in owning & solving problems in complex and/or technical environment
- Comfortable bringing faults to your leadership and having the data to support your point of view
- The ability to review multiple independent systems to find the anomalies, analyse them, correlate them and importantly action them efficiently
- Ability to review complex details regarding ongoing issues/events and convey the key details to senior stakeholders to facilitate real-time decision making
- Demonstrated proficiency with Systems (/) and concepts
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Experience dealing effectively with internal and external customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
- Confidence to initiate and lead AWS-wide conference calls
- Experience in major Management
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts
- Knowledge of AWS Services
- Knowledge of ITIL/Lean Processes
- Demonstrated success in a fast paced, action packed environment