|Location:||Wingecarribee Shire Council|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral has approximately 17,000 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries.
An opportunity now exists for an accomplished Maintenance Manager to lead the Berrima cement plant maintenance team and to develop and execute the maintenance strategy towards achieving world class safety, environmental, reliability, output, quality and cost outcomes for the Berrima site and Boral customers.
The Maintenance Manager will also support maintenance best practice initiatives as required across NSW cement manufacturing operations and play a lead role in developing wider Cement business maintenance standards and practice.
The Maintenance Manager will be a senior leader who is an accountable role model for the site in terms of safety, collaboration and improvement mindset.
Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Active leadership and promotion of workplace health, safety and environmental processes and culture at Berrima to identify hazards, manage risks and prevent unsafe events.
- Working together with other cross functional stakeholders to deliver safe uninterrupted supply solutions to our customers.
- Participate proactively in Berrima safety performance KPIs to minimise LTIs, RIFR, Near Misses, HART, together with all iCare safety KPIs.
- Effective training and development of maintenance team personnel in line with Boral values and best practice maintenance techniques.
- Ensure effective leadership and management of maintenance contractors.
- Set sustainable maintenance budgets and develop operational improvement strategies that continually reduce maintenance costs
- Ensure maintenance costs are managed within budget.
- Consistent use of systems including CMMS (Maximo) to capture and monitor equipment condition, wear and deviations from the norm to allow timely planned rectification.
- Ensures the effective maintenance planning and scheduling processes in place which identifies resources, tools and consumables required to ensure work is executed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure effective planning for shutdowns to give an accurate resource plan and time line which will identify costs associated with the work
- Continuous improvement in plant OEE and MTBF towards Boral and business goals
- Effective and timely achievement of actions, projects and targets assigned to maintenance team the site Strategy
- Goods and services are procured at best value by effective interaction with suppliers and contractors through Boral Procurement.
- Lead the site project team and work closely with Boral Engineering Services team to deliver Berrima capital projects safely, on-time and on budget.
- Lead site maintenance team to plan and execute major plant shutdowns including kiln major repairs safely, on-time and on budget.
To be successful you must have the following skills/competencies and qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+years' experience of managing a multi-trade skilled maintenance team in a 24/7 heavy industrial environment.
- Experience of maintenance of cement manufacturing operations desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience of developing and implementing world class maintenance techniques including FMEA, planning and inspection.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of CMMS.
- Experience in planning maintenance activities using modern maintenance planning tools and techniques.
- Good understanding in asset reliability processes to continually improve plant performance.
- Competent in high level risk management processes.
- Excellent knowledge of best practice condition based maintenance techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of SHE procedures and safe work procedures.
- Good practical knowledge and experience of LEAN manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: spreadsheets, presentation, documents.
- Proficiency with maintenance and project planning software and systems.
- Ability to deliver through multi-functional working groups.
- Good report writing skills required.
If you want to Build a Great Career with Boral please press APPLY or visit http://careers.boral.com.au