|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced Heavy Diesel Fitter to join our maintenance team in Area C. Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance, you will work within the field maintenance team. This is a permanent position, based on a FIFO 2/1 roster (7 days, 7 nights, 7 off). You will utilize your technical expertise to execute mechanical work on site in line with the maintenance schedule, while striving for continuous improvement in order to maximize tool time and improve productivity and safety outcomes.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Fitter Trade Qualification
- Previous experience with Atlas Copco PV271 and D65 – highly desirable
- Essential - C and HR Driver's License, Forklift Ticket, EWP, Working at Heights.
- Desirable - CV (Hiab), CN (Non Slewing Crane), Dogman
- Strong heavy vehicle mechanical fitting maintenance competency
- Sound diagnostic abilities and ability to read schematic drawings
- Exposure to asset management principles in particular overall equipment effectiveness
- Strong presentation, communication and coaching skills
- Ability to work closely in a team environment
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.