|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Technician to join our fixed plant maintenance team in Eastern Ridge. This is a permanent position based on a 2/1 FIFO roster (7 days, 7 nights, 7 off) in Newman. Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance, your duties will include:
- Overriding commitment to BHP Billiton Charter, health, safety, environment and sustainable development;
- Maintain all areas of equipment including commissioning, fault finding and repair;
- Adhere to specific maintenance processes as defined;
- Work effectively with other maintenance and production team members, including contractors, to better understand and manage equipment maintenance and resolve problems impacting on both areas;
- Facilitate and complete “Whole of Job Function”, which includes pre work, preparation of JHA’s, Take 5’s and/or Work Instructions, organise materials, execution, test-out, hand-back and sign-off of work orders;
- Ensure that all documentation and data entry is accurately completed;
- Undertake all inspections of equipment and maintenance tools;
- Prioritise efforts to reduce breakdown, urgent or interrupt work which disturbs planned and scheduled work;
- Accept a high level of ownership of Maintenance activities and equipment;
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping. Undertake housekeeping and safety inspections;
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Programs that result in higher levels of plant and equipment performance;
- Maintain a high level working knowledge of safety processes
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Mechanical Trade certified;
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence;
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well within a team to achieve outcomes;
- Experience with a safety management system;
- Experience with an automated plant control system;
- Experience with iron ore processing;
- Experience troubleshooting crushing, conveying and hydraulic systems;
- Experience with statutory compliance requirements for Mine Safety and Inspection Act;
- HIAB, EWP, Forklift, Dogging and Rigging Certificates (desirable)
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.