|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are offering a unique opportunity to develop and/or grow your knowledge of Fixed Plant Maintenance. You will learn to audit and over-see execution of related maintenance activities, in planned and unplanned scenarios, with the support, coaching and mentoring of a dynamic and experienced team. This role requires you to:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Operate within an established maintenance management system, your key focus will be to promote a high level of team interaction and coordination.
- Conduct compliance audits and look for safety improvements in the way work is being conducted.
- Lead cultural and organisational change in maintenance related activities.
- Take a proactive role in maintaining & improving standards.
- Liaise with planners, supervisors & coordinators with the development of weekly plan & outage schedules.
- Review performance and safety KPI’s and communicate these during outages to supervisors and superintendents.
- Ensure all incidents, near misses or hazards are reported and investigated timely and accurately to ensure compliance with the Western Australian Iron Ore incident reporting guidelines.
This is a permanent, residential position based in Port Hedland on a Monday to Friday (5/2) roster. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. In this position you will be provided with a rental accommodation allowance in accordance with BHP Billiton Iron Ore’s Housing policy.
Prior working history within Port Operations is advantageous but not essential. If you have the right attitude; the sky really is the limit as far as development opportunities go. If you are interested please do not hesitate to apply!
This is an excellent opportunity for well supported ‘on the job training’ to learn management of fixed plant maintenance from an experienced team, where people look out for each other and approach challenges as opportunities for improvement together. Suiting individuals with strong organisational skills, the right energy and drive to pursue a career of leadership in the maintenance field. You will have:
- Capability to influence and mentor others
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate plans clearly and concisely
- Strong business acumen with ability to network with relevant stakeholders
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Current Australian C Class license
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.