|Job Type:||Full Time|
Consumer Finance – Campaign Analyst – Sydney, NSW
The role of Analyst, is to partner with Marketing and Product to identify and define the business problem; recommend optimal Marketing activity; deliver campaigns using campaign management systems; and make continuous improvements based on customer insights derived from campaign analysis.
As a function, our aim is to maximise the return on the business marketing spend by improving the Efficiency (reduced time, cost, error and rework rates) and Effectiveness (successfully matching the right customer to the right offer at the right time) of marketing activities.
Specific aims of this role are to:
- Collaborate with internal clients to understand the business problem/opportunity and design a solution based on knowledge and analysis of the customer base
- Extract, manipulate and analyse data, code and extract data for marketing campaigns using Teradata SQL and in-house campaign management tools
- Conduct analysis to identify right target segment for campaigns and generate post implementation reviews that assess performance of campaigns.
- Maintain documentation and contribute to the knowledge library that supports company's analysis platform and marketing solutions.
- Improve the strike rate of marketing activity through the proactive application of data driven customer analytics.
- Embed the use of test-and-learn marketing techniques, through accurate and timely campaign reporting and the use of previous campaign findings to fine tune/improve marketing effectiveness.
- Liaise with internal clients to understand their requirements, suggest ways to improve targeting and provide analysis of the customer base.
- Quality check own and others work.
- Understand and be able to explain significance of results
The role will work in partnership with Product and Retail Marketing to inform the most appropriate customers to target for x-sell, retention or lifecycle management marketing activities
Strong analytical and communications skills are a key requirement of this role as it involves working closely with the business to understand the business problem, developing a data insight driven solution, testing and refining the solution.
Work closely with inter-departmental and cross-functional teams to provide data driven insights to optimise marketing campaigns
Work in cross functional teams to determine the most appropriate target customers and convert this into customer selection rules
Conduct pre-campaign analysis for campaigns
Make recommendations on marketing volumes and marketing strategy through data insights and past campaign results
Conduct adhoc analysis projects as required
Prepare documentation for all client and analysis projects, to ensure an audit trail is sufficient for a colleague to be able to review and/or reproduce analysis
Develop a detailed understanding of the bank databases, data structures and core analysis procedures
Develop a high level of skill in SQL to perform analysis
Maintain a broad understanding of products and services that bank provides
Share relevant knowledge with others to encourage any mutual benefit across the team
Ability to develop and present new options or opportunities for clients to leverage data using capabilities of Data Analytics.
Ability to proactively look for continuous improvements through greater standardisation, speed, simplicity or automation of Analysis or Campaign processes.
Knowledge and Experience:
Experience in working with Large scale RBDMS (Oracle/Teradata preferred
Advanced SQL is essential, SAS will be highly regarded, R/Python is desirable
Desired Experience in Financial Services / Banking / Telecommunications / FMCG or related sectors. Particularly in Product or Marketing analytics in the Mortgages, Personal Finance (Credit Card/Personal Loan) and Deposit /Transaction account domains
Prior experience with Campaign management software (Teradata RO/CM) highly desirable
An understanding of campaign optimisation (e.g. decision trees, responder/non-responder analysis)
Experience with Direct Marketing practices including experimental/test design, lead management and customer targeting
Degree in relevant area such as Statistics, Maths, Econometrics, Marketing, Marketing Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Finance
Statistical analysis skills (basic statistics or application of analysis techniques to derive quality insights)
Business Knowledge of Marketing procedures including marketing and data briefs will be highly regarded
Ability to work as part of a team
A willingness to learn new applications and systems
Demonstrate accountability on work deliverables
Ability to organise tasks and manage time to consistently meet deadlines
High level of attention to detail
Analytical & business analysis skills delivered at high standard
Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to present complex information simply and directly
Influencing skills - an ability to influence stakeholders in cross-functional teams
Ability to work unsupervised.
Conceptual & Strategic thinking ability