|Location:||Aus - NSW Regional, Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today
About the role
The Mining Supervisor/ OCE will provide effective production and safety leadership to the project production crew ensuring that production targets are met, a safe and healthy workplace for all employees is maintained and community & environmental compliance is adhered to.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Champion for all safety management plans & procedures
- Effectively communicate with other departments
- Leadership and development of crew
- Ensure production targets are met
- Conduct toolbox talks and shift prestart talks
- Conduct statutory inspections of an open cut operation
You are a high achieving and focused OCE with previous experience in a similar role. You are committed to driving a high performing and inclusive team.
- NSW OCE Certificate of Competency
- Experience in leading a high performance team
- Commitment to HSEC
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fluid/dynamic environment
- Ability to work in an adaptive team
- Experience with computer-based data and management tools (e.g. Infomine)
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered. Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Thiess's Mount Arthur South operation is located just out Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply” button or the link below