|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.This role collects and analyses data, develops innovative solutions, then plans, executes, and monitors small to medium sized projects. This role performs the day to day team deliverables and reporting as well as engaging other departments for potential improvement opportunities.
- Analyses performance metrics and benchmarks performance across the
function in other BHP businesses.
- Conducts compliance checks to verify adherence to local operating
procedures, audit & GLD obligations.
- Builds cross-functional relationships with other Analysis &
- Provides expertise to other sub-functions in analysis of
performance indicators and metrics.
- Prepares the inputs to form the production budget.
- Monitors execution of the week 0 schedule to drive compliance.
- Produces the operating standards, procedures and work
- Analyses and determines equipment capability assumptions.
- Performs analysis of performance of technical processes and/or work
- Performs detailed analysis of analytical testing conducted in
- Identifies functional capability gaps.
- Recommends improvement opportunities to the Superintendent or
Manager Production A&I.
- Engages as required with GBIS, other Operations functions and
sub-functions and BPDCs to ensure that proposed improvement related
solutions meet business requirements and business case.
- Compiles and maintains the portfolio of improvement
- Works with the Production Execution sub-function to execute the
portfolio of functional improvement initiatives.
- Engages BPDCs to initiate targeted coaching in the function as
- Provides feedback to the Planning function to improve future
execution plans, designs, schedules and forecasts.
- Updates operating standards, procedures, work instructions and
control systems and ensures critical controls exist and are
- Engages with Engineering for modifications needed to plant and
- Coordinates the allocation of resources including participation in
project definition and delivery.
- Collates input and contributes expertise to develop, deliver,
record and oversee assessment of training as defined in the functions
training curriculum as guided by the HR Training Governance
- Verifies accurate maintenance of training related data in 1SAP and
the training management system.
- Works within the function to identify local training needs and
training schedule requirements.
- Reviews and analyses key metrics and reports related to training
- Investigates reported events that meet the Business/Asset-defined
- Develops the Production training curriculum and allocates training
resources for the Production function.
- Tertiary qualification in mining engineering or geotechnical engineering
- Proven extensive underground coal experience
- Project management and business acumen
- Competent in mine planning software packages.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively at all levels.
- Clear communications skills and ability to deliver professional and concise presentations.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.