|Job Type:||Full Time|
Amazon.com is looking for best in class Optical Engineers to help operate and support one of the world’s largest and most complex networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain that quality and reliability. We look for innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution.
As an Optical Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Be responsible for the operational support of our global DWDM infrastructure
- Drive current DWDM designs to meet the demand of our customers
- Create processes that help operate and support our DWDM network
- Work closely with other Networking team on operational escalations and support
- Work with in-house software engineers in developing additional in-house monitoring and reporting tools on the DWDM platforms
- Ensure that the DWDM network adheres to the defined network standards
- Review and implement changes on the DWDM network
- Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our DWDM network quality and reliability
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions day to day on our network
- Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- A Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years industry experience in a similar environment
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major DWDM platforms
- Knowledge of SNMP, TL1, XML-based or equivalent management protocols
- Experience with optical planning and modelling tools
- Experience with the operational support of large DWDM networks
- Ability to script/program in a language (Python, Perl, C or Shell Scripting).
- Good working knowledge of IP networking fundamentals
- knowledge of L2 switching and L3 routing is desirable
- Good understanding of Linux / Unix and Background in automation.