|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a commercially minded, a data driven individual who is passionate about simplifying complexity and inventing on behalf of customers? Would you like to be responsible for accelerating time to value for our customers by increasing adoption of cutting edge services from Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Are you a builder who has a thirst for knowledge and is equally adept at solving complex commercial problems and presenting a compelling C-level presentation to a prospective customer?
We have an exciting opportunity in our ANZ Business Development team for a Commercial Strategy Manager to play an integral role in shaping their information technology strategies and financial models and quantifying the benefits of running applications in the cloud.
The ideal candidate will bring a business background, with a strong understanding of sales operations and financial processes, combined with a technical understanding and business experience to easily communicate the economic benefits of cloud computing. You will also be familiar with complex legacy IT environments, quantifying and developing business cases to justify large scale technology investments and creating detailed cost models for these environments.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Play an integral role in accelerating the Cloud migration journey for our customers through strong senior executive engagement, supported by detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Identify economic barriers to adoption of AWS Cloud with these customers and develop repeatable strategies to overcome these barriers.
- Work with partners and other channel groups to give customers the best insights into how to run their applications on AWS cloud, in the most cost effective manner
- Communicate the economic value proposition for AWS cloud to a broad audience of IT, business & finance leaders.
- Serve as a key point of contact for all business value, TCO, ROI, business case and financial discussions with our customers and partners.
- Extensive business development, IT operations, management consulting, financial advisory or experience.
- Detailed business case development, financial modeling and analysis of large scale technology investments
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively and deliver results across cross-functional, remote and virtual teams
- A keen sense of ownership, drive and scrappiness is a must – this is a hands-on role
- Prior experience working with senior executives (both IT and Finance), IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premise, remote virtualized and cloud IT Infrastructure
- Prior experience working with and developing a Partner Channel
- Prior experience working in the IT industry is highly desired, either as a vendor, consultant or as an enterprise customer.
- Some relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: enterprise systems, database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied cloud computing services.