|Location:||Auckland, Auckland, NZL|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you love being part of tackling new business challenges using cutting edge technology?
Do you have a history of creatively solving traditional business challenges?
Can you do it at pace and at scale?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Solution Architects to work with our customers and other AWS teams to craft cloud-based solutions.
At AWS, customer obsession is at our Core. We are trusted advisors to our customers and partners and work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
AWS Solution Architects possess customer facing skills that allow us to represent Amazon well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables us to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand standard patterns around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build focus and broad use of AWS. Your ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Be self-motivated with a hunger to share your knowledge, continue to learn, and lead the industry in designing cloud based architectures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- As a key member of the sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners)
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community including authoring or otherwise contributing to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blogs.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
Whilst the majority of your work will be in Auckland, there is an expectation of travel within New Zealand, and also to events in the United States and within Asia Pacific.
- You will be highly technical and analytical, possess 8+ years of current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience in technical solution builder roles.
- History of successful technical sales consulting and architecture engagements
- AWS Associate Certification(s)
- An understanding of the cloud computing business model
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers.
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, networking & storage architectures.
- Enterprise application and database architecture a bonus.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a requirement, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and an executive presence - comfortable talking with CIOs, CTOs and CISOs about complex security issues
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- AWS Certified SA Professional.
- Hands on development experience and full understanding of full-stack development
- Fluent in AWS technologies such as Dynamo DB and Lambda
- Proficient in either Java, NodeJS, or both
- Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
- Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.