|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.
The Group Credit Risk division within Optus Group Finance are now on the hunt for an experienced Senior Fraud Risk Data Scientist to join the team!
As the Senior Fraud Risk Data Scientist, you will be joining the Group Credit Risk team who are responsible for the overall credit management function including Fraud / Credit Risk Acquisitions, Collections and Recoveries for Optus, and its subsidiaries. The foundation of your expertise will be your ability to directly affect business results and meet Group Credit Risk KPI’s by applying your analytical and technical skills in innovative ways. Your understanding of business objectives and knowledge of the Credit portfolio to identify risks and opportunities through applying your technical expertise to extract, analyse and present the data required to support your recommendations will be your prime focus.
Your solid background in a Credit, Fraud and Collections environment, and proven analytical problem solving will contribute in your ability to undertake key responsibilities in this role, including:
- Executing data processing tasks, including data auditing, preparation, integration, transformation and aggregation using “SQL” AND “R”
- Examining and developing different use-cases that can be solved by data analytics (Consulting)
- Understanding the difficulties and challenges of dealing with spatial data, and demonstrating ability to work with a variety of data types
- Evaluating different analytical approaches that can be applied to solve a problem, select the most suitable one and justify the selection
- Applying machine learning algorithms and techniques for developing sophisticated predictive and segmentation models to solve complex business problems
- Presenting complex business problems into clear business recommendations
- Exploring and understanding key business drivers and targets
Your skills and experience include:
- Previous Fraud Risk Management experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar Finance/Data Science role with experience in data modelling and ability manage business case/perform evaluations
- Experience in Fraud Risk scorecard modelling and/or developing PD models for Credit Risk / Collection behaviour
- Solid experience in a Data Science role; applying complex machine learning algorithms to solve business problems
- Highly experienced in engaging with senior stakeholders and tackling business problems to present value-add recommendations
- Great communication skills and the ability to build relationships with diverse teams
- Expertise use of data mining tools and applications (SAS, SAS E-miner, EG and SPSS,R Studio)
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint skills with addition of financial modelling and presentation skills
- Possessing an intense curiosity – a desire to go beneath the surface of a problem, find the questions at its heart and distil them into a very clear set of hypotheses that can be tested
Optus is a place where we let you do you. We offer a variety of exciting benefits, such as working collaboratively in an open, agile environment with flexibility.
Optus is a truly a great place to work, because tomorrow is ours to create.
Visit https://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to learn more about working for us.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!