|Job Type:||Full Time|
Head of Service Line Business, ANZ
Do you have a knack for driving high-impact go to market strategies, engaging with customers and partners to deliver differentiating solution-level value propositions, building customer bases, developing partner ecosystem and, rolling up your sleeves to ensure successful customer adoption? Are you one of those rare technologists as comfortable working with engineering teams as you are engaging with executive leadership at B2B and B2C enterprises? Then consider joining the AWS ANZ team to drive the scale and growth of the AWS Service Line business.
As the Head of Service Line GTM for the ANZ team, you will lead the way in how AWS takes new innovative services and products to market. Leading a cross functional team to develop plans on how to take select new services through incubation and on to mainstream adoption. You must be comfortable with leading and influencing cross functional teams across multi-geographies and cross disciplines (e.g. Business Development Managers, Service Leaders, Specialized Sales, Solution Architects, Product and Partner Marketing, Partner Teams, Professional Services, Training, Sales Enablement, Sales Operations, and Sales teams.
The AWS team is seeking an innovative, results-oriented team player to help negotiate and execute strategic deals, capture, dissect and analyse customer feedback in competitive markets. This individual is an important leadership team member, accelerating growth of the AWS Service Lines and executing new sales and GTM strategies for Amazon. The ideal candidate has strong technical experience as well as sound business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and relationship management in an international setting.
Some of the key job functions of this position are:
- End to end accountability for the development and growth of service revenue for a diverse portfolio of services to capture new market segments over multiple years. Includes single threaded team leadership and management of roles across partner strategy and development, specialized sales, solution architects & business development, as well as managing a diverse service portfolio in different phases of adoption across a market segment maturity curve.
- Assess Market Segment Opportunity for new services (either built inhouse, or bought through acquisition), through internal and external research and analytics to inform data driven decision making.
- Analyze and determine key customer insights and requirements from business drivers, market trends, customer engagements and deployments, competitive environment, growth rates and operating metrics
- Define the GTM plan that will introduce/launch, incubate and scale the new offering to ANZ enterprises. This will include defining target customer segments per market, additional features are released, market awareness and, strategies/programs/tactics for linear and non-linear scale. Identify the best route to market, capacity and coverage planning across sales, technical sales and delivery, partner eco-system and development. Business metric definition for coverage roles including quota and compensation plan design, and other key business milestones.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gain agreement on the GTM plan and day to day execution, so that it will have support for funding and implementation multiple internal organizations including sales, marketing, services, and product marketing/management organizations. Including tight alignment with in-country account teams for customer adoption and opportunity ownership, and with the corporate Service Line team for investments, roadmap and programs and customer engagement synergies with other growth teams.
- Continually improve the process for developing and delivering the way incubation services are taken to market at AWS. Including cross-service synergies to simplify customer’s outcomes and GTM execution, fostering a team environment to rapidly respond to customer trends and course correct, and creation of mechanisms to empower ideation and implementation of strategies for step-function accelerated growth.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- 15+ years of extensive and progressive experience in top management consulting firm, or a diverse experience background in strategy, sales, technology specialization and partner roles at a technology company (or similar). Ideal candidates will have a combination of consulting and industry experience.
- Track-record in leading multifaceted high performance teams to ensure customer adoption and deliver revenue results. Including experience in managing sales, technical & partner functions
- Minimum 4 + years in leadership roles for the ANZ region, including understand of commercial enterprise structures and customer engagements.
- Passion for technology with a solid broad technology understanding across cloud, software, hardware, security, communications and internet technologies. Ideal candidates will have strategy and/or customer and partner engagement track record in 1-2 technical domains for the service line service portfolio.
- Customer sales experience including in large complex deal negotiations with a successful track record; ability to navigate across AWS and the customer in a trusted advisor/consultative approach; and, establishing credibility quickly with senior level executives across the organizations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Very comfortable developing, implementing, managing and executing through influence across a cross-functional set of senior stakeholders. Including balance to influence sales and partner teams as well as corporate head quarter functions.
- Strong team player who is also an independent and creative thinker
- ‘Invent and simply’ mindset. Data driven, but comfortable with ambiguity. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
- Excellent problem-solver who works cross functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses to turn data into meaningful insights, and drive solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data driven process.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high growth environment
- Manage complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement.
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
- Target orientated individual with demonstrable sales experience dealing with B2B customers having demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- The ability to understand complex technology problems is a plus
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results for major cross organization process/programs, from design to execution.
- Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Experience in multiple industry markets in growth-oriented roles. Such as strategy, planning, enablement, sales, partner or equivalent roles at large enterprise technology companies
- Possess relevant technical knowledge, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc.
- Experience working with C-Level Executives including written, presentation and verbal communications.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently, ability to multitask and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial