|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build our Public Sector team then this is your chance to make history.
The Public Sector Global Lead Development Team is expanding! As a Lead Development Representative (LDR) you will be an important member of the sales organization, playing a critical role in qualifying leads, profiling customers and providing input on which sales campaigns generate the best leads. Working in collaboration with your global peers, marketing, account managers and the partner channel, your primary objective is to identify and create qualified opportunities for the team you support. Quite often you will be the customer’s very first introduction to the AWS experience! The successful candidate will:
- Create, manage and drive to sales acceptance, all inbound and outbound leads.
- Conduct discussions with prospects and existing customers over the phone to identify and qualify opportunities
- Engage with various public sector partners and SI’s to drive new demand generation campaigns.
- Understand customer pain points, gather technical requirements and correlate business value to customer needs
- Generate interest and provide vision of the portfolio of AWS solutions to potential customers
- Understand existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing
- Achieve monthly sales lead qualification goals.
- Update and maintain customer information within SalesForce.com
- Provide account management team with detailed call notes to ensure the opportunity is understood and next steps are clearly defined
- Work closely with the Territory sales leaders and partner sales managers to ensure alignment of objectives
- Present a high level, technical solution to diverse audiences which include AWS colleagues, Partners, prospects and customers relevant to target industry or market
- College/University Degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English and other languages native to the geography you support
- Technical interest with 1 year or more of experience in IT prospecting or sales
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales or demand generation within the technology sector
- 1 year or more of experience using a CRM/Customer Relationship Management tools
- 1 year or more of experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
- 3-5 years of IT sales/ Demand Generation experience
- Target orientated, ambitious, creative, customer focused
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cloud sales exposure desired but not mandatory
- Self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills and organizational skills, decisive and result oriented who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to travel to the U.S. and abroad, especially within the assigned geographic territory, as needed.