|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice, and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
Come join the Integration team…
As a senior developer in our Enterprise Technology Integration team you’ll get the opportunity to work on a diverse, extensive and evolving set of challenges as we help Xero to scale at pace. Utilise the latest stack (.NET Core, Microservices, Containers, Lambdas) in collaboration with other like-minded Xeros and contribute to the iterative development and improvement of our many SaaS integrations improving the experience for customers both internal and external.
Make a positive impact on the team by advocating for best practices, and helping other team members to learn and grow their development skills. Use your experience and passion for quality to ensure our test suite is maintained and improved over time.
So join an area where improvements can be measured and return on investments quantified.
As a Senior Developer you will…
Use the latest tools and techniques to create innovative, next generation solutions, designed to help our customers with beautiful experiences. Drive continual practice and process improvements in the Integration team using best fit technology choices, and guide other developers on the team in best practices and technologies.
The experience you will bring is…
- Knowledge and experience in C#, ASP.Net Core with emphasis on writing modular, scalable code.
- Significant relevant product experience (and some war stories to tell too)
- A focus on quality, and experience with test-driven development and testing frameworks for .NET.
- A wealth of experience in both the technical and non-technical aspects of software development that enables you to share knowledge, mentor others and push for continuous improvement. Lift the team's game by championing positive change in team practices and culture.
- Proven level of expertise in building robust, maintainable, scalable and secure web-based software
- A demonstrable history or a passion to explore and use new technology/approaches to solve problems.
Experience with the following would be well regarded...
- Experience implementing cloud-scale systems, preferably AWS, and an understanding of resilient cloud design patterns
- Ability to develop scalable software against large relational databases, specifically SQL Server (and any NoSQL databases); perhaps you’ve dabbled with event-driven architectures which would be a real bonus
- Experience using build and deploy tools and processes to get your creations into production
- Openness to share your understanding and experience of working within complex architecture designs that support scalable software solutions.
- A positive attitude and passion for working with others that contributes to a fun and enjoyable work environment
- Ability to deliver in a rapidly changing environment
What Xero can offer you…
If you’re looking to work with an internationally acclaimed, award winning product in Wellington then this is the opportunity you’re looking for. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, have a strategy in place for continued success and now is the time to be a part of it all.
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a culture we’re proud of which is the envy of many and our social vibe is real and alive. We're a big part of the development community and regularly go to conferences and host events and we have lots of social groups/teams too.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more enjoyable than elsewhere so if you’re interested apply online and we will be in touch.