|Job Type:||Full Time|
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
The purpose of this role is to provide legal support to the TAL Group businesses in the following key areas: Financial services law, including life insurance and superannuation, Corporate and commercial, Finance, Reinsurance, IT and Product development.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Commercial contract and policy review, drafting and negotiation
- Provide support during tenders for new business
- Advising on product development including review of disclosure material and insurance policies
- Advising on regulatory compliance including the Corporations Act, Insurance Contracts Act, Life Insurance Act and Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act
- Provide legal support across projects from group risk, investments, finance and innovation
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia
- Minimum of 5 years legal experience.
- Strong knowledge of financial services law including Chapter 7 of the Corporations Act and life insurance.
- Excellent communications skills
- Team player
- Highly motivated
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions.